The quota limit for an address defines the amount of mail (in Megabytes) that can be stored to its mailbox. Once this limit is exceeded, any incoming mail will be returned to the sender with a message stating that the recipient’s mailbox is full. To modify a mailbox quota, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your Control Panel (http://yourdomain.com/cpanel) with the correct credentials
- Click on the “Email Accounts” icon
- Click on the “Change Quota” link
- Type the new email quota (in Megabytes) into the appropriate field.
- Click on the “Change Quota” button to store the new value.
- Note: Your mailbox’s trash folder is not included in the quota limit calculation.
- Note: You will not be able to exceed the quota set by your web host. Also, due to mail server constraints, you cannot set a quota greater than 2048 MB. Quotas exceeding this amount must be unlimited.
All mailboxes are created with a predefined quota (100 MB or 1024 MB), depending on the hosting plan of the account. You can modify this value for each mailbox as needed. Also, you have the option to disable the quota for any mailbox. When the quota is disabled, the mailbox can take all free space on the hosting account.
- Login to your Control Panel (http://yourdomain.com/cp) with the correct credentials
- Click on the “Mail Manager” icon
- Follow the link under the “Quota” quota column next to the mailbox in question.
- You need to specify the maximum allowed space for the mailbox and click on the “Save” button.
If you want to disable the quota of the mailbox, you just need to choose “Quota disabled” on the same screen and click on the “Save”button.